123

Extracurricular Activities

About HNU

News Introduction History HNU Values Administration Our Beautiful Campus

Academics

Overview Colleges & Degree Programs Academic Administration Degree Programs Open to Foreign Applicants Programs with Distinctive Features Faculties & Experts Academic Events Academic Resources Academic Calendar

Research

Overview Natural Science Social Science Research Services Related Policies

International

International Partners Cooperation Modes Contact Us

Admission

Why HNU Introduction Degree Programs Open to Foreign Applicants Programs with Distinctive Features Application Information Scholarship for Overseas Students Policies & Regulations

Campus Life

Event Highlights Student Associations HNU Media Study in HNU Living in HNU Maps & Directions

Jobs

Recruitment of Foreign Teachers Talents Wanted Foreign Teachers Management Downloads Contact Us

Giving to HNU

HNU Education Foundation Alumni Association Guide to Donation

Lushan Temple

The Lushan Temple, also known as Luyuan or Huiguang Temple, built by the monk master Fachong of Zan religion during the Jin Dynasty (265AD-420AD), has a long history of more than 1700 years. The temple was first built in the second year of Renshou during the reign of Emperor Wen of the Sui Dynasty (581AD-618AD) as he gave an imperial edict that a pagoda for Buddhist relics be built. During the 18th year of Kaiyuan under the reign of Emperor Tang Xuanzong, the well-known writer and calligrapher Li Yong wrote "Lushan Temple" for the stele, known as San Jue Bei, a stele perfect in such three aspects as literary talent, calligraphy and engraving.

The Lushan Temple Stele, a black stone with a round top, is a well-known stele of ancient China. Four Chinese characters of "Lu Shan Si Bei"(Lushan Temple Stele) were inscribed on it and the inscription on it contains 1419 Chinese characters which recorded the origins and the development of Buddhist doctrine preaching activities through the period between the establishment of the temple in the Jin Dynasty (265AD-420AD) and the setup of the stele in the Tang Dynasty (618AD-907AD).

Originally, it had a main hall and a rear hall, however, nowadays only the rear hall remains there. The arch gate of the temple is built in the local architectural style and upon it there is a sign bearing the legend "Ancient Lushan Temple".It is roofed with yellowish tiles and supported by red columns.

Lushan Temple.jpg

Admission (for reference): RMB15 yuan/adult

Tel: (86)731-88822316

Opening hour: 7:30-18:00 (May 1st-October 31st)

                           8:00-17:30(November 1st-April 30th)
 

Back