College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Hunan University
The College of Environmental Science and Engineering at Hunan University was founded in 1982. It is among the first-class schools of environmental study in China, embracing National Key Discipline of Environmental Engineering, Key Laboratory of Environmental Biology and Pollution Control in Education Ministry of China, National Experimental Teaching Demonstrating Center, and etc. It is ranked 8 in China Discipline Ranking, offering programs leading to bachelor, master, and doctor degrees and post-doctoral positions.
It embraces a distinguished faculty of more than 20 prize-winning scholars, including winners of National Leading Talents Program in China, Yangtze River Scholar Program, National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholar, National Program for Support of Top-notch Young Professionals of China, etc.
There exist research groups with diverse technologies, such as numerical methods for environment and ecology, GIS and VR, wastewater treatment and drinking water safety, solid waste treatment and resource utilization, functional bio-nano materials, biosurfactant, environmental art and architecture design, heavy metal pollution control, soil remediation, air pollution control, etc. Numerous exciting academic achievements have been obtained.
The college strives to participate in world-class research with the goal of promoting preeminence at the cutting edge. You are welcome to join us on this exciting journey into the future.
Assistant Professor/ Professor in Environmental Science and Engineering
Number of vacancies: 3~4
Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Conduct full-time lecturing and research in the discipline of Environmental Science and Engineering.
• Obtained a PhD degree from an internationally renowned university.
• Fluent in English communication and technical writing, applications of non-Chinese origin is encouraged to have basic Chinese communication skills in Environmental Science and Engineering.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Annual salary RMB 100,000 ~200,000, depending on applicant position. Specific treatments for outstanding applicants are to be negotiated in person.
• Settlement allowance RMB 200,000 for professors and RMB 140,000 for assistant professors , paid in monthly within five years.
• Monthly accommodation rental subsidy within 2 years, RMB 400 for unmarried and RMB 600 for married.
• Start-up research fund RMB 100,000 for professors.
• Youth Scholars funding available for assistant professor under 40 years old, with a lump-sum research grant of RMB 250,000, annual payment in five years.
• Full university benefits and public insurance.
• 3 month University semester vacation, summer vacation runs from July to August and winter vacation around Chinese New Year.
Open until filled.
Position Start Date:
How to apply:
• A detailed updated C.V in MS Word or PDF version, including educational, research and professional experiences.
• Supporting materials for academic achievements that listed in applicant’s CV, such as Degree certificate, full copies of applicant’s important papers, copies of certificate of the research projects, awards, and patents.
• Three reference letters if there are available.
Online Application or Email Mrs. Fang Yanhong at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the college is available at http://ee.hnu.cn/. As to some personnel information, please visit http://rsc.hnu.cn or contact Mrs. Wang Qian at email@example.com.