College of Biology, Hunan University
The College of Biology at Hunan University currently has a total number of 37 full-time teachers. At present, it is composed of three departments: Life Sciences, Biomedical engineering and Molecular Medicine. The college has established an International Science and Technology Cooperation Base of Life, Analytical Chemistry and Biomedicine that is awarded by the Ministry of Science and Technology. With nearly 4000 square meters of research and teaching space and 30 million RMB state-of-the-art instruments and devices, the college of biology has implemented multiple important scientific research projects, including National Program on Key Basic Research Project (973 Program) and Key Program of National Natural Science Foundation of China, and attracted more than 50 million RMB research funding in recent years. The discipline of Biology and Biochemistry of our college entered the top 1% of ESI Global list 2011. Furthermore, the college has held multiple international academic conferences and collaborated with many research institutes and enterprises. For detailed information about the College of Biology at Hunan University, please visit http://bio.hnu.cn/.
Assistant Professor/Associated Professor/Professor in life sciences (plant molecular biology and plant biotechnology) /biomedical engineering /molecular medicine.
Number of vacancies: 6
General Responsibilities and Requirements for All Positions:
• Obtained a PhD degree from an internationally renowned university.
• Research experience with outstanding academic achievements will be a huge plus.
• Applications of non-Chinese origin should have basic Chinese communication skills.
• Conduct full-time lecturing and research in the disciplines of life sciences (plant molecular biology and plant biotechnology), biomedical engineering, and molecular medicine.
• Successful candidates should possess necessary teaching skills, will be expected to finish the teaching tasks assigned by the college.
• Successful candidates will be expected to develop an independent and high level research program.
Specific Responsibilities and Requirements for different positions:
The job vacancies are five year contract positions. The job responsibilities during the 5 year contracts are:
• Professor: obtain at least 2 national projects ; publish at least 5 SCI research articles.
• Associate professor: obtain at least 1 national project; publish at least 4 SCI research articles.
• Assistant professor: obtain at least 1 national project, publish at least 3 SCI research articles.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Annual salary RMB 90,000~200,000, depending on applicant position. Candidates with special experiences and strong academic record will be given special consideration.
• Settlement allowance RMB 200,000 for professors and RMB 140,000 for associate professors and assistant professors, paid in monthly within five years.
• Monthly accommodation rental subsidy within 2 years, RMB 400~600 for assistant professor and associate professor, RMB 800 for professors.
• Start-up research fund RMB 100,000 for professors from university.
• Youth Scholars funding available for assistant professor and associated professor under 40 years old, with a lump-sum research grant of RMB 250,000, annual payment in five years from university.
• The college offers competitive start-up packages and modern laboratory facilities in a supportive research environment. Our standard start-up research fund ranges from RMB 100,000 to RMB 1000,000 depending on the condition of the applicants. Start-up package is open to be negotiated for applicants with outstanding qualifications and track records.
• Full university benefits and public insurance.
• Subsidiary nursery school, primary school and middle school, ranked top in the city.
• 3 month University semester vacation, summer vacation runs from July to August and winter vacation around Chinese New Year.
Open until filled.
Position Start Date:
How to apply:
• A detailed updated C.V in MS Word or PDF version, including educational, research and professional experiences.
• Supporting materials for academic achievements that listed in applicant’s CV, such as Degree certificate, full copies of applicant’s important papers, copies of certificate of the research projects, awards, and patents.
• Three reference letters if there are available.
Online Application or Email Mrs. Chen Yan at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the college is available at http://bio.hnu.cn/ As to some personnel information, please visit http://rsc.hnu.cn or contact Mrs. Wang Qian at email@example.com.