School of Design, Hunan University
Established in 1977, the School of Design of Hunan University is one of the earliest design schools in China. It was granted authorization to deliver Master’s Degree in Design in 1993, and Doctor's Degree in Design in 2005. In 2006 it was rated World Top 60 Design Schools by Business Week (U.S) magazine. Currently, the school offers the following programs:
Undergraduate program: BA in Industrial Design, Product Design and Visual Communication;
Graduate program: MA in Design, MFA in Design, ME in Design;
Doctoral program: PhD in Design.
The School of Design chairs the Industrial Design Education Instructional Committee under the Ministry of Education of China. It is a member of Cumulus and of three important national design education organizations and co-founder of the China-Italy Design & Innovation Center.
Assistant Professor/Associated Professor/ Professor in Design
Number of vacancies: 3
Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Conduct full-time lecturing and research in the discipline of industrial design/product design/visual communication.
• A PhD degree from an internationally renowned university.
• Research experience with outstanding academic achievements will be given special considerations.
• Fluent in English communication and technical writing, applications of non-Chinese origin is encouraged to have basic Chinese communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Annual salary RMB 100,000~200,000, depending on applicant position. Specific treatments for outstanding applicants are to be negotiated in person.
• Settlement allowance RMB 200,000 for professors and RMB 140,000 for associate professors and assistant professors, paid in monthly within five years.
• Monthly accommodation rental subsidy within 2 years, RMB 400~600 for assistant professor and associate professor, RMB 800 for professors.
• Start-up research fund RMB 100,000 for professors.
• Youth Scholars funding available for assistant professor and associated professor under 40 years old, with a lump-sum research grant of RMB 250,000, annual payment in five years.
• Full university benefits and public insurance.
• Subsidiary nursery school, primary school and middle school, ranked top in the city.
• 3 month University semester vacation, summer vacation runs from July to August and Winter vacation around Chinese New Year.
Open until filled.
Position Start Date:
How to apply:
• A detailed updated C.V in MS Word or PDF version, including educational, research and professional experiences.
• Supporting materials for academic achievements that listed in applicant’s CV, such as Degree certificate, full copies of applicant’s important papers, copies of certificate of the research projects, awards, and patents.
• Three reference letters if there are available.
Online Application or Email Mr.Jing Shuoyu at mailto:email@example.com
More information about the college is available at http://design.hnu.cn/ As to some personnel information, please visit http://rsc.hnu.cn or contact Mrs. Wang Qian at firstname.lastname@example.org.