College of Architecture, Hunan University
Founded in 1929, the College of Architecture at Hunan University is one of the earliest discipline of Architecture and most prestigious architectural education in China (ranked No.9 nationwide in 2012). The college covers almost all the major disciplines in Architecture, Urban and Rural Planning, Environmental Art, Landscape Architecture, and etc., offering programs leading to bachelor, master, and doctor degrees. The disciplines of Architecture and Urban and Rural Planning both achieved excellent grade in national professional assessment.
The college focused on international academic exchanges, linked to Kagoshima University (Japan) since 1992, Ecole d'architecture de Nancy (France) since 2006, University of Rome(Italy) since 2008, KIT(German) since 2011 and Louisiana State University (USA)since 2013 , Ming Chuan University(Tauwan) since 2014etc.
The college strives to foster future distinguished scholar, conduct world-class research, innovate to meet challenges, and serve the society.
• Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor in Architecture Design and Theory
Number of vacancies: 1
• Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor in Architecture Technology Science
Number of vacancies: 1
General Responsibilities and Requirements for All Positions:
• Conduct full-time lecturing and research in the disciplines of Architecture.
• Responsible for teaching at least one core course in the related major for undergraduate students and one basic course each year.
• A PhD degree in the relevant area from an internationally recognized university.
• Research experience with outstanding academic achievements will be given special considerations.
• Fluent in English communication and technical writing, applications of non-Chinese origins are encouraged to have basic Chinese communication skills.
Specific Responsibilities and Requirements for different positions:
• Professor: have been on an associate professor or equivalent position for 5 years; with strong academic publication record in high-quality papers in related research fields in internationally well-known journals; served as PI for at least one National Natural Science Fund Project (including Youth project) or equivalent.
• Associate Professor: have two years of working experience after Ph.D. degree (teaching experience is preferred); strong academic publication record in related research fields in internationally well-known journals; served as PI for at least one National Natural Science Fund Project (including Youth project) or equivalent.
• Assistant Professor: published at least two high-quality papers in related research fields in internationally well-known journals. The initial contract will be five years with a possibility of renew for tenure based on performance in academic publication, teaching and external fund raising.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Annual salary RMB 100,000~200,000, depending on applicant position. Candidates with special experiences and strong academic record will be given special consideration.
• Settlement allowance: RMB 200,000 for professors and RMB 140,000 for associate professors and assistant professors paid in monthly within five years.
• Monthly accommodation rental subsidy within 2 years, RMB 400~600 for assistant professor and associate professor, RMB 800 for professors.
• Start-up research package: RMB 100,000 for professors.
• Youth Scholars funding available for assistant professor and associated professor under 40 years old, with a lump-sum research grant of RMB 250,000, annual payment in five years.
• Full university benefits and public insurance.
• Subsidiary nursery school, primary school and middle school, ranked top in the city.
• 3 months University semester vacation, summer vacation runs from July to August and winter vacation around Chinese New Year.
Open until filled.
Position Start Date
How to apply:
• Supporting materials for academic achievements that listed in applicant’s CV, such as Degree certificate, full copies of applicant’s important papers, copies of certificate of the research projects, awards, and patents.
• Three reference letters if there are available.
Online Application or Email Mrs.Jieyu Lu at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the college is available at http://arch.hnu.cn/. As to some personnel information, please visit http://rsc.hnu.cn or contact Mrs. Wang Qian at email@example.com.